Designed for sustainable tourism
At Baddegai we are committed to providing a good quality service whilst minimising the environmental impact of our activities.You will stay at a house designed for sustainable tourism, featuring central heating run by an air source heat pump.
At Baddegai we encourage guests to consider their environmental impact and where possible to ?
- Use the separate bins provided for glass &plastic bottles, cansand paper.
- Use recycled paper products.
- Support the local food producers / restaurants in the area.
- Use environmentally friendly washing and cleaning products that are provided.
- Leave hazardous waste such as batteries with us for safe disposal at our local recycling centre.
At Baddegai, where possible,
- We supply environmentally friendly washing products and cleaning materials for our guests use.
- We use environmentally friendly washing and cleaning products in our own cleaning routine.
- Cardboard, newspapers, cans, glass and plastic bottles are taken to Council Recycling Centre.
- Low energy light bulbs are used where possible and we shall replace all bulbs with them when they need replacing.
- Almost all our appliances are A rated and we shall buy A rated appliances when old ones need replacing.
- All gardening is pesticide free and we aim to encourage beneficial insects.
- We encourage sustainable tourism by provision for walkers and cyclists and extensive information on low impact activities and encourage our visitors to follow the Sustainable Tourism Visitor code.
- We encourage our guests to support local producers, pubs, restaurants and cafes and we promote local tourist attractions and events.
- We welcome, support, participation, and suggestions from you our customers as to how we can improve our environmental policy and protect the environment and increase the enjoyment of your stay.